Many of us think of trying meditation, but it can be hard to know where to begin. In this first installment of Mindful’s Getting Started series, we’ll show you how to start meditating, feel better, reduce stress, and enjoy life a little more.While we might want to try meditation, it can sometimes be difficult to find the time, to be able to sit still, or to keep the mind from racing. The chart below asks you to examine some reasons you might have for not trying meditation, and lists a few benefits you could realize if you do try.
- Follow DrumSoulDance on WordPress.com
- African dance and drumming ensemble Dema prepares for year-end performances – Emerald Media
- ‘Powwow Sweat’ Promotes Fitness Through Traditional Dance : Shots – Health News : NPR
- Walk, Stretch or Dance? Dancing May Be Best for the Brain – The New York Times
- What is Therapeutic Drumming?
- The Garden of Eden of Music and Dance
- Honors College Students Learn through West African Dance
- MultiBrief: Dancing, sports share common ground
- Dance Returns The ‘Joy Of Movement’ To People With Parkinson’s : Shots – Health News : NPR
- Does experience with music enhance other areas of the brain?
- Being A Musician Is Good For Your Brain | The Huffington Post
- More Important Matters
- A Meditation on Crisis, by Christine Stevens
- Drumming Defines Us – An Ode to Remo Belli
- Group Drumming Research – Summary of Six Studies
- Remo organizes International Symposium featuring music therapy & drumming for wellness
- Vitamin D – Vitamin Drum – Drumming for Health, by Christine Stevens
- Drumming with Oncology Patients & Cancer Survivors, by Christine Stevens
- What is a drum circle? by Christine Stevens
- Creating a Musically Accessible Culture by Christine Stevens
- Could Drum Circles be the next Ropes Course? by Christine Stevens & Christofer DeGraal