The intention of being more present in our lives is continuing to grow and touch an increasing amount of people. I have friends who I never would have imagined practicing mindfulness who now sit in daily meditation. When I look at the Seattle Seahawks, think of our military veterans or politicians sitting in the “Quiet Caucus” room, I’m filled with a whole lot of hope. When I see an increasing amount of kids and teens being taught mindfulness in their schools I see possibility. My wife and I ran a family retreat at Denim N’ Dirt Ranch and long before the deadline it was sold out showing me an increasing desire of parents wanting to bring mindfulness into their families. As people start to engage mindfulness I’ve noticed a few things they begin to do differently.
- Follow DrumSoulDance on WordPress.com
- African dance and drumming ensemble Dema prepares for year-end performances – Emerald Media
- ‘Powwow Sweat’ Promotes Fitness Through Traditional Dance : Shots – Health News : NPR
- Walk, Stretch or Dance? Dancing May Be Best for the Brain – The New York Times
- What is Therapeutic Drumming?
- The Garden of Eden of Music and Dance
- Honors College Students Learn through West African Dance
- MultiBrief: Dancing, sports share common ground
- Dance Returns The ‘Joy Of Movement’ To People With Parkinson’s : Shots – Health News : NPR
- Does experience with music enhance other areas of the brain?
- Being A Musician Is Good For Your Brain | The Huffington Post
- More Important Matters
- A Meditation on Crisis, by Christine Stevens
- Drumming Defines Us – An Ode to Remo Belli
- Group Drumming Research – Summary of Six Studies
- Remo organizes International Symposium featuring music therapy & drumming for wellness
- Vitamin D – Vitamin Drum – Drumming for Health, by Christine Stevens
- Drumming with Oncology Patients & Cancer Survivors, by Christine Stevens
- What is a drum circle? by Christine Stevens
- Creating a Musically Accessible Culture by Christine Stevens
- Could Drum Circles be the next Ropes Course? by Christine Stevens & Christofer DeGraal